Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-23, 03:31   Link #606
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

Fair enough ... iirc you had similar criticisms regarding Tamayura Hitotose? Nothing wrong with it imo, could be just that you don't like that ... erm ... method of presentation I guess?
I didn't really think of Tamayura TBH, because while I have some issues with both shows, they're quite different issues. I think Tamayura made it pretty clear from the beginning what it wanted to be - that just wasn't something that I was 100% sold on. Here, I feel as if the series has made no declaration of purpose at all. I don't really think MP has made the commitment to character-building that Tamayura did, though it obviously has two cours to get around to it.

Again, I like slow-paced, "world-absorbing" shows - but they need to fill in the blanks with thorough character development or atmospherics. While it's clearly connected with some viewers, MP hasn't connected in those areas with me. It's a perfectly pleasant place to be - it's pretty and full of nice people doing fairly interesting things. I just don't see the point, at least so far.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote