View Single Post
Old 2008-11-10, 07:49   Link #278
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
OK, A little more progress this weekend:

...and a new camera that's at least able to focus and shoot without a flash!

Not much real new work since the last shots. I painted some vents and details... more needs to be done, but the visor on the head is now clear green and even that little bit made a significant difference, although its difficult to see in these shots.

On the stickers... They can be VERY easy to tear, so be careful. I've begun to re-score them all with a sharp knife, but even so I had a couple give me lots of difficulty. Also, as expected, the SMS logos look awful over the black on the tails. You can't see them in these shots, but they get VERY dark as they are too translucent. I wish Bandai had backed them with opaque white first. There IS SOME white backing them, but its insufficiently solid enough to give them punch. I may pull them off and try the water decals instead to see if they are better.

More detailing and decaling soon, then its on to final assembly steps!

Mughi
Great shots! Thank you. Could you please tell me where have you used stickers? Maybe decals with some hardener would have been better. I was planning to go with decals so I'm curious about your opinion on the subject.

Spoiler for size:

This is how Intend to make it look after the final assembly

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote