View Single Post
Old 2008-02-17, 23:05   Link #59
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
AI is 100% unnecessary to this show. She feels more like an obstruction to the whole Hiromi / Noe deal, and it comes of as being very, very, very contrived and forced. I really hate it when a guy magically has THREE girls on him in these type of shows, and I was really hoping AI wouldn't go there, but she did. I wish someone with actual power behind this type of series would wake up and realize that having a third wheel is almost never a good idea. Outside of fishing for viewers who would likely attach themselves said character because of her nuances / stereotype, I think it just ends up being an eye sore to the plot.
I'd have to disagree. Not everything revolves around those two characters in this story, and if it did I'd fear the story would really lack alot of its cliffhangings and drama. So if anything, Ai adds a good bit in her cliffhanger endings.

There is also no 'magically' each has been built on with good reason. Hiromi's is from all their time together, Noe's we saw bud, and Ai we've seen has been around since they were young. There is no magic.

You seem to simply dismiss her due to not liking her character, which is a subjective view and one that should not be expressed as if it were factual. Look at it objectively and you'll see that she has just as much importance as any of the other characters. For once its not a show where every girl is shy/tsundere around the male, we have some dynamic elements and changes/evolutions in characters (see Noe and Aiko).

Quote:
And she ruined that absurdly cute scene Shin had with Noe just before it (which is about the only thing I actually liked in this episode). Now we're going to have to sit through some garbage thanks to AI, and it'll be a total bloody waste of an episode to boot. I mean come on, having feelings for Hiromi and suddenly meeting Noe was more then interesting enough to work with, did they really have to shove AI in there? It leaves an extremely after taste, seriously.

:\
Honestly, you just sound bitter.