Thread: Licensed Kenpufer (Kämpfer)
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-07, 20:56   Link #1878
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Realism? That is quite an unfair statement to make. In reality, there is a good chance she'd be told to back off at least somewhat. Something I pointed out in my earlier posts is that being more assertive has worked for Shizuku only. Look throughout the episodes, and Akane does many different things, from hugging him, to rubbing her breasts on him, we could go on and on a point by point basis here. In episode 8, who did we see in that Kaede filled mind-control fog? Akane. However, who do we see actually having an kind of effect here from her advances? Shizuku. I'll admit that it is partly Natsuru's fault for being such a wet blanket, and I laughed when Kaede said he was more like a girl. But Shizuku is clearly getting favoritism where we obviously see another character getting the limelight. You can't even really call this a refreshing outcome or something new, its really just throwing something together and duct taping parts that wouldn't normally stick.
When we are talking about realism we are talking about realism in terms of the context of the show, the realism you discussed is the realism in real life. In the series Natsuru is portrayed as a Sakura obsessed "block out everything else" sort of guy and obviously he wouldn't react to Akane's advances since for the most part she is going after him in a extremely passive way considering how aggressive her competitors are.

Heck I fail to understand how you can compare shows like Kampfer and try to use "real life" to justify how the show doesn't make sense and that this is how people should react when a set of events happen. Hell I have never seen a sex changing male who becomes a magical girl that shoots fire in real life but i don't see you complaining about that aspect of the show...

Quote:
Also, I don't find it any less realistic considering his nature to give Akane a kiss than letting Shizuku kiss him. If someone actively tells you to kiss them, then the depths of your denseness would have to rival a neutron star to not see where you stood with that person. But that's obvious I guess, seeing as Shizuku's kisses weren't enough to get him to understand. He'd probably have to be told flat out.
Again in the context of the show Natsuru's denseness is acceptable and you know what he is dense so what? It's a show and it has built his character this way.

Quote:
So I'll just say that they made that scene with Akane while they were drunk or something and went back to favoring Shizuku in the plot. I won't even get into the slowly weaning the yuri into Mikoto and Akane(that totally made me wallbang, but hey, maybe they'll get together. But Christ, I hope they don't become Shizuku's pets or something. Dear god no.). Well, I'll just see what happens from here.
Since you like comparing shows with the real world, obviously in the real world directors direct while they are drunk and wallbanging is an acceptable means of reaction to a anime which you don't agree on.

I'm not trying to pick a fight but the way in which you analyse and assess a show to me is flawed, by not watching in the context of the story and i've provided my arguments for that point.