View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 12:25   Link #1259
Midonin
Last Engage

Love Live Life 11 - Lottery Rebalance

The first part of the episode was actually pretty lighthearted. Even the failing of the lottery was played in such a theatrical way that even the rest of μ's was clearly taking it as a temporary setback. There's always a Plan B. Seeing the videos again made me realize that A-RISE has been more engimatic than defined, but since the real competition is more about getting people to come to the school than winning the Love Live (can they get there in two episodes? - this is a 13-episode series), I don't think they were ever meant to be that much of a threat in the first place. Loved the brief fantasy sequences, especially the hallway one. Those uniforms and that giant drum just have their charm. I think it's the same with Honoka in the second half, ultimately. A small setback that can be recovered from - and if the school becomes popular enough, there's no need for Kotori to follow up on what's in the letter either. There will always be problems, and it's more about what you do with them. Making fun of Nico is a good answer to any of the above.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote