View Single Post
Old 2009-02-14, 13:44   Link #47
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
its kinda like a "cut the crap and lets get to the good parts", kinda like how Peter Griffin from family guy would fast foward through a chick flick in hopes of seeing a nipple.
And this is exactly what I don't like about the majority of stuff that's classfied as yaoi/yuri. They're basically just a few pages of smut or a completely cliché, dull story with a feeble and totally predictable plot, if there's even a plot at all. Personally, I don't go out of my way to find yaoi or yuri because it just bores me.

I prefer series that have subtle or implied shounen-ai/shoujo-ai and actually have decent plots. I loved Utena and Anthy's relationship in Revolutionary Girl Utena, and I did like the yuri in Nanoha. Miharu and Yoite's whole dynamic in Nabari no Ou is sweet (although tragic), and Kaworu and Shinji's relationship in Evangelion is fascinating in both the manga and anime. In short, I just like same-sex relationships in anime and manga to be the same as heterosexual relationships: interesting, well-developed, and believable.