View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 09:36   Link #1092
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Let me try to put this into some perspective. When the hougyoku started to transform Aizen, his reiatsu could no longer be felt by anyone except for Ichigo. Later on in the arc, we found out that this only happens when a beings power becomes so great, that their power puts them in an entirely different dimension of strength. This was a revelation that Aizen was forced to come to after being completely dominated by Ichigo despite not feeling his reiatsu. Basically, Ichigo's post dangai strength placed him in an even higher dimension above what Aizen had become.

Currently, no one has yet to claim anything similar about Yamamoto's reiatsu or anyone else for that matter. When Yama-jii powered up, people knew it because they can feel it. What this means is that Yama-jii's power (for as great as it was) still doesn't surpass that first dimension of power that almost everyone in this series has been confined to thus far.

On the other hand, the potential strength of Ichigo's reiatsu does not just simply lie one dimension above everyone else, but two dimensions or more. So unless Kubo decides to somehow nerf the strength Ichigo had once obtained (perhaps through some kind of explanation or by completely ignoring the issue altogether), he should easily be able to destroy Juha Bach if he can regain the power from that final bankai form. Mugetsu doesn't seem neccessary.
This is why I'm bothered by Zaraki's defeat. Notice his eyepatch is off? Previously when it came off everyone knew...heck, the guy leaks ridiculous amounts of reiatsu even with it on. And yet his "everyone senses it" moment was never mentioned, while everyone else's was. There was no mention of it vanishing with his defeat either. Considering his new eyepatch absorbs ten times more than it previously did, it's obvious he had a big power-up since HM....and yet this one particular time, unlike all the others, and not one mention of his reiatsu. It doesn't add up.

Combine this with the other two oddities - he defeated three of them without breaking a sweat, but his defeat happens off screen, and I'm seriously wondering why Kubo decided to do this. It reeks heavily of foreshadowing.