View Single Post
Old 2013-03-12, 06:03   Link #32023
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Quick question to EP 1 about Hideyoshi and Eva.
They were alive at 7 yet in the Manga the clock said 7:30 when the smell came in.(Kinzo)
Nanjo said Hideyoshi is dead for about an hour.
Of course Nanjo could have lied seeing him as the Accomplice.
Yet, Hideyoshi was in the tub with the shower being on and on hot.
Hot water speeds up Rigor Mortis and allows to help fake the time of death.
Nanjo: "No signs of postmortem lividity... Rigor mortis hasn't begun either".

Funny, because Wikipedia says postmortem lividity and rigor mortis are the same thing. Not sure if it's Ryuukishi's error, Witch-hunt's, Wikipedia's.

Anyway, the hot water trick would only be useful if the corpse were observed after rigor mortis had already been produced by it. And that's not the case for Hideyoshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberzaki View Post
I guess I'll have to accept the not-invincible-argument, although since Rosa is an accomplice it seems to be an excuse to keep most of the characters in one place.
Remember, the puzzle itself was about never having more wolves in one place than sheep. It would suggest that everyone staying together would make the wolves unable to act. Yet Rosa, apparently obsessed with "wolves" is the one who always initiates the split-ups. A while back I observed that if the "wolves" consist of ShKanon, Genji, Gohda, and Rosa (Nanjo and Kumasawa are actually not at all necessary as accomplices in EP2), Rosa twice engineered groups that had wolves outnumber sheep. First she sent Kanon and Gohda after Jessica (2v1), then she banished Shannon, Genji, Gohda, Kumasawa, and Nanjo (3v2).

This of course makes sense from Yasu's motivation as well, as it's pretty hard to create any kind of mystery if you and everyone else is in the same place.

Although a great deal of my confidence in this interpretation was undermined from Our Confessions.

And not exactly part of the wolf and sheep puzzle discussion, but it just dawned on me that Yasu couldn't know that George would volunteer to go with the servants. Sacrificing Genji was probably the original plan, or, if she suspected George volunteering, at least the backup plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Did Battler ever enter the room?
No. He was in the hallway the whole time.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote