View Single Post
Old 2015-07-06, 07:29   Link #1051
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@risingstar3110 - I fall somewhere between you and Kazu-kun on Homura vs. Mami, and Homura vs. Sayaka, but I don't think I care enough about it to discuss it or debate it at length. I used to debate "superhero fights" a lot on another forum several years ago, and I kind of had my fill of it there.

However, there was something else you mentioned that I wanted to address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

The part where Sayaka do Shaft head-tilting while call Homura "Transfer student" and her witch version shadow on the water reflection. That part was brilliant. More so with my rewatch. That plus the witches fight, no wonder Sayaka got so many points for Rebellion. She rose from my least favourite character in Madoka to the most due to the 3rd Movie
I'm very glad to read this! Yeah, Rebellion was a good movie for Sayaka in most ways. Her coolest/smoothest moments are probably in this film, and its very neat how she can now manipulate her own witch form.

My favorite section of Rebellion is probably from the start of the Homura vs. Mami fight to the end of the Homura/Sayaka scene that immediately follows the fight. That section has some of the best Mami and Sayaka moments in the entire franchise, it also has the best one-on-one fight in the entire franchise, and it's just a wild and surprising thrill ride in many ways.