View Single Post
Old 2011-03-16, 12:39   Link #1803
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
I don't think one of these scenarios is more "right" than the other, but in my mind both are plausible. It all depends on the creators and what they want the final message of the series to be. All I will say is if they were moved to delay this episode out of a sense of self-restraint, re-working the ending isn't out of the question if it is/was originally intended to not be a particularly happy one.
Should this happen, I will be initially disappointed in Shaft for re-working their mostly depressing, somewhat fulfilling ending into rainbows and flowers.

At the same time, I will be pleased to watch the "Alternate Ending" on the DVD release, which we all know is the true ending. That certainly seems like something Shaft would do to please its fans.

I doubt that last-minute changes Urobuchi speaks of are anything too significant. It may be deciding to omit a scene, change a minor detail, or even put the opening music at the end. The core structure of the episode is probably completed at least 3 days in advance.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote