View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 21:01   Link #63
Vena
Carpe Diem

I can't really understand why people hate Emily and/or find her annoying. She's the only child in this story that acts like a child should (Dique doesn't count as he is currently not *in* the story but somewhere on its fringes) and has some normal human emotions/thoughts. Is it so wrong for a young girl, who just had her colony/home destroyed by an enemy, to be worried about her best friend who is going crazy in chasing said enemy, and talking to himself about getting stronger? It seems fairly reasonable to me for her to be acting exactly as she's acting. Questioning Grodeck after noticing him acting suspicious? Why is this wrong? Sure, she confronted him as a child would but did any of us actually expect her to bust into his office, demand answers, and challenge him to a match of wits? She's not Ender, and this isn't Ender's Game.

I'm actually amazed and impressed by how *well* built the *older* characters are in this series. For the short time he was on screen, Bruzar left an impression and saved the colony citizens. Grudeck is cunning, calculating, intelligent, and capable, and has an interesting development going on right now. Woolf is a bro, and, once again, capable... and he's totally going to die.

So far, I find episodes NOT about Flit or the Gundam the most interesting. Maybe once Flit's character gains some more depth...
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote