View Single Post
Old 2012-03-21, 14:08   Link #81
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
I think a valid argument would be that the author hasn't done a good job convincing you that Kabuto can pull this off. Otherwise, by stating Kabuto "shouldn't be able to do [x]" you're essentially stating that your interpretation of the manga is right, and Kishimoto's is wrong.
I was stating that it's not a good idea to do that, according to my opinion, not that it's my manga or something like that. Kishimoto does not interpret the manga, he writes it, we are interpreting it on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
I don't find it any more "nonsensical" than how powerful Naruto has been able to become over the last few arcs, and I honestly don't see fighting Itachi and Sasuke at the same time any more impractical than someone being able to fight 7 jinchurikis/bijuu simultaneously :/

Kabuto has also always been a pretty intelligent, and considering all the experiments/modifications and jutsu he must have learned over the years I really don't see this as implausible, given what we've been seeing during this arc.
Naruto becoming a sage in 2 weeks was kinda nonsense too, if you read back in the forum many of us complained about him becomeing a sage in 2 weeks whereas in 3 years with Jiraiya he didn't make much progress. But he is the main character so he can get away with such powerups in shonen manga. But Kabuto was never an evil boss before, the whole thing came out of nowhere, and it smells like Kishimoto had to make him so strong only because the plot lacking evil bosses. I wouldn't have complained if there were hints about this, but not one hint about Kabuto's potential of going from a Kakashi level ninja to a level where he fights 2 EMS guys, summons dozens of kages and fights against the ninja army of the enire world. It's clear that Kishimoto uses Orochimaru's name so frequently to try to justify many of Kabuto's achivments as being Orochimaru's, but it's still hard to make things beliveable. And it's not only me, just look at all the complaints in this chapter thread.

But overall i think that Kishimoto handled well this powerup, the explanations about Kabuto experimenting on all those advanced bloodlines and copying their powers, and also adding that it was all based on Orochimaru's research is cool, it fits in the "mad scientist" type of evil boss idea. The only exception is this snake sage mode thing, but i think later it might be explained that Kabuto's way of becoming a sage was broken, and he might then suffer some consequences. I mean Kabuto was never the natural type, he approaches problems as a scientist, he would find a way to become a sage without risking to turn into stone or something like that, but cheating the natural order of things in the end ususally costs the evil guys their life.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote