View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 01:29   Link #51
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
You're right. I screwed up my imagined dialogue a bit, but it was still a bit reckless of Chiyu to wait until the end of the fight. What if Nomi had cut off her other arm (and thus presumably, no Citron Call)? What if Haru had killed Nomi before Chiyu had a chance to use Call, etc.
Well... of course, there are possibilities of failure, but it's not that likely. Noumi set Chiyu up to double-cross them in the first place, so in that scenario him hurting her such that she couldn't heal him wasn't a very likely scenario (possible, sure, but an extreme outside chance at best). And Noumi being killed that quickly also wasn't so likely -- he's a formidable opponent, so it would take more than a single sudden hit to drain his whole HP. Of course, that isn't to say there weren't some risks (she knew that very clearly)... but that's basically why she was trying to mitigate it as much as possible by not telling anyone and waiting for the right moment.

I would say that Chiyu's gamble was actually a lot less than the gamble that Haru and Taku made in agreeing to that "winner takes all" fight in the first place.