View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 11:47   Link #88
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i dont concider that a lot of dead people, (3 named characters) beside no one cares about the no named grunt that died.
the authors pulled people back from the dead **cough nunally & sayako cought** and used random plot shield on others **cought cornelia suzaku and all the BK cought**, i concider that a serie with a high deatghtol would be gundamZ to an even bigger extend there would be blassreiter as a lot of characters die during the show and not only during the last 2 episodes.
In the last 2~3 episode there was a grand total of 2 dead main character (only 1 if you concider lelouch staged his death)
There was actually an explanation for how Nunnally and Sayoko survived, and one with some previous on-screen evidence even (other people already talked about the decoy shuttle and certain details at the time). I didn't have much of a problem with that.

I would admit that the BKs surviving was a little too convenient, but then again they escaped using a readily available mechanism.

Cornelia's and especially Guilford's survival is what bothers me a little bit (though I didn't want her to die like that, in any case).

In the case of Suzaku during the last episode, we only see the Lancelot Albion explode from a certain distance, without an elaborate death scene and not close enough to be certain of his death...and it makes sense for him to find a way to escape, since he has the "Live" Geass after all, which forces him to survive.

High death counts aren't necessarily a good or bad thing, in my opinion, though I admittedly would have preferred a few less "returns" in R2 (again, in particular Cornelia and Guilford for that matter).
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote