Thread: Red Dawn Remake
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-05, 12:49   Link #16
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No offense, but North Korean troops are in no way scary or potentially intimidating (even in a potentially AU America). The movie didn't have the balls to use the Chinese as the antagonists (and what's worse, the villains were changed in post-production, so the villains were filmed as Chinese, everyone thought they were Chinese, but now they are North Korean), so I really do not care to see this obviously neutered remake even if Chris Hemsworth will be shirtless (sadly, Adrianne Palicki shirtless is only interesting in theory, in practice the results seem less than stellar).
Agreed. What's the point of reapeating Homefront in a movie format this time?

The first time I heard about this remake being filmed, it was clear in broad daylight that it would be the Chinese leading the occupation (I can still find the photos from the set when it was filmed), and it would have made more sense to me since China DO have the manpower and resources to do that. MGM lost their balls along the way when it came to the PRC and completely forgot that the PRC, in real life, is only one ultranationalist government away of being willing to invade anyone.

If we have seen so many video games with storylines where Russia was taken over by an ultranationalist body in the government and then waited for a perfect opportunity to strike at the West, I don't know why the same can't be applied for the PRC. It's about fiction, but at least make it believable.

P.S. Even if the KPA is a bunch of savages, let's not forget that what happened in Tien An Men is also something marking people's minds about what the PLA can do for a living when it comes to actions against civilians.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote