View Single Post
Old 2008-06-11, 07:26   Link #21
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's probably the best thing that could happen for Big West or North American Macross fans, but it'll take an R1 company willing to take that kind of risk of nasty legal fees (ADV is probably the most likely choice since they seem to have a good relationship with Harmony Gold). Another problem is that Macross licensing fees are notoriously high; or at least that's the story floating around for Do You Remember Love, Macross Zero, and especially Macross 7. Macross Frontier is the first one to come around to really justify that kind of fee.

By the way, I can't entirely blame Harmony Gold for this mess because it's sort of natural for a business to try to protect what part of the property they can. However, their actions have still thrown a big monkey wrench into the works.

The reason I think that a Macross Frontier R1 release will be very successful is because the old time Macross fans seem to love it and it's really the first chance that any of them have of buying new localized Macross material in over a decade. As a big bonus, it looks really good, and a lot of new viewers can (and have) picked it up.
HG should move to make deals for some money,at least let be known publicly they are willing to give from their position some but I guess things are already moving in that direction right and all thats needed isa US company willing to do the detail legal work to ensure what ever thats brought over is done so in a way that its potected from the IP swap macross has bee in over the years.

It is an interesting quagmire, now heres a question how many other shows have been made into another IP like SDF/Robotech and how many modern contracts would easily let a series be "remade" to such an extent.

Altho looking at 4kids it seems anything is possible, then again I might picking out extreams.

Frontier leads to zero anything to push interest into another set of discs is always a winner and if theres enough momentum they can bring over 7, 7 has not aged so well its still a solid show it just looks a bit faded perhaps they have better masters...maybe recolor/remaster it abit.... but its going to be a long while until they can build up the macross franchise some before they will bring out M7..... altho if Galaxy Angel can be dubed and brought over....M7 has a much better chance at making profit... as long as US macross fans are not into "serious" anime.... then again i get a feeling M7 has enough in it to bring in a wide swatch of fans.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote