View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 15:14   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not a bad episode for what they were trying to do. Clearly will have an impact on Kio and take him a step further. Have Flit with no sympathy wanting to wipe the Vagans out, Asemu who just wants to keep the people he cares for safe, but not harboring deep hatred and finally Kio who has seem the suffering up close. Agree it was likely the plan to have him mugged since sending a guy dressed well, looking like a tourist into a poor area is asking for trouble.

I'm glad really we got to meet people like Deen and Lu. Needed some faces for the Vagan people who weren't military. Easy to have sympathy for Lu who has little time left to live and yet wants to live as much as she can in that time. Deen who is watching his sister go and who can only believe in what Ezelcant is saying. This is where the base of the military comes from though. People living with that viewpoint about the people on Earth and willing to listen to anyone who offers them hope.

Of course at the same time the war itself is still stupid. With how easy it is to infiltrate colonies, Ezelcant could have moved his people out slowly. If they spread out to all the colonies at a moderate pace it would have been easy. Especially before he started a war that put everyone on high alert. Instead he starts this massive war, forcing people to prove that they deserve to live, and focusing on taking Earth away from the people living there.
Heck, they could have come openly before the war even began. Sure, they'd have been refugees and it'd have sucked for a while, but at least they'd be out of the Mars Rays.

I also have problems with Ezelcant's claim Vagans become detached. When's the last time we saw someone like that? They're all pretty quick to avenge their fallen comrades. Except Desil, I guess. Or the fat guy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote