View Single Post
Old 2007-03-01, 15:06   Link #106
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Frankly, BONES is the only other studio I can think of that always puts out series that look high-quality & are generally very solid productions, even if they don't appeal to everyone (KyoAni is on the whole more superlative in the visual department, but they've also produced fewer works total).

Madhouse, GONZO etc. may be well-known, but they make as much crap (visually speaking, although of course you could argue that at least some of such shows are crap in general) as they do gold. They've spread themselves really thin, whereas KyoAni hasn't shown any indication of moving toward making more than one show per season. Neither way is necessarily better than the other--even GONZO puts out absolutely stunning work from time to time, and if bottom-barrel material is what it takes to fund stuff like Gankutsuou, I can't say I mind. Meanwhile, fans of KyoAni's Full Metal Panic, Haruhi and KEY productions will have to wait ages for new series/seasons, since they're all coming one at a time. I do think that BONES does the best job of striking a balance between good animation & putting out a good number of shows.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote