View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 15:08   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
I don't get why this would fall into bad writing.

People who has bad personal experiences with the government will definitely say that the government is corrupted, even if not all government people are bad. With Reina, her love is lost. Even it is shallow or corny, I still won't think that it is an example of bad writing for this series with a straightforward story.

It is a standard plot, yes. But making things too complicated is not good for series that has a limited plot development time.

I would understand if her pet kitty dies due to the Federation experimenting it to pilot an MS. That would really be a good example of bad writing.
I think what the show is getting at more and more lately is that peoples personality and outlook in their later years are often defined by the experiences they had during childhood and it can often lead to conflict and a lack of understanding between even generations of the same family. This is a very real phenomenon that was discussed to quite an extent in my social sciences courses in University so I don't see any bad writing about it here even if it's obviously done in a very straightforward manner for the purposes of conflict in a kids TV show.

In Flits case his defining experience with the Vagans was seeing people like Desil murder innocent people like Yurin and his mother at an impressionable young age whereas someone like Kio's defining experience was meeting Lu, Girard and Shanalua and seeing the situation that the Vagan's and their cohorts have been placed in by a corrupt Federation. Big difference between the two and thus a big part of the the conflict of extreme ideals they are having now.

Also for the record obviously I don't think we're supposed to side with Flit here and frankly I don't even think we're expected supposed to side wholeheartedly with Kio given what's been shown and how his methods aren't really working the way he's going about them now. I think rather we're supposed to try to understand how their experiences have defined and will probably continue to define them as this conflict heads towards it's conclusion.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote