View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 03:06   Link #409
Ruddfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Not mine. Its a popular show, it has the ability to polarize people, and people love to hate big shows. Its when the little shows make their way onto these sorts of lists that tend to be more believable because most people aren't going to waste their time just *hating* on a show that no one cared about, so more people are left voting who watched it, cared, but ended up disappointed (or at least in my ideal imagination world where people are good, kind, helpful things). Like I said, someone might have had a real vendetta against EVOL for that poll (but the biglobe polls are a joke, I mean the last cast vote call for EVOL had Mikono placed below non-entity side characters (the male side had like thirty votes for any one character not named Jin or Shrade, while females had hundreds to thousands)).

If nothing else, the exasperation of the *reveal* and then the finale of Team Terrible Parents Blasting Off Again! that coalesced after those two episodes on 2ch was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a while, unfortunately that's (the latter especially) not a good thing because all of the comedy and said bewilderment wasn't intended.
If there's one thing that's been consistent in EVOL, it's Mikono's unpopularity. I think she made some list for "Most Unforgivable Characters in Anime" when it was still the first half of EVOL. So that's something I'm not surprised at.

A bunch of the 2ch reaction to Amata and Mikono's "Apollo and Silvia moment" was pretty subdued as well. I think the general consensus was "Ugh, finally" or "I felt nothing". Although there was some weird buzz around Kagura and Zessica. Even the director Yamamoto said that Kagura was greatly impressed by Zessica (disregarding the fact that the past 25 episodes Kagura didn't care about any other shit; why he should care about some girl now makes no sense - much like the entire Aquarion series) and that he'd like to see some romantic developments between them (even though it came out of nowhere again... was it really that hard to have some competency in the staff?)