View Single Post
Old 2007-04-30, 13:34   Link #1720
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Allowing for kj1980's translation/interpretation (which is more "amiable")... it is still pretty odd and makes me wonder what high bar was set for this series. Like Skane says.... it is a pretty pure presentation of the manga material for the most part.... the Lucky Channel segment (original material) seems to be very well received (even though personally I'd rather see more Lucky*Star source material)... they must have expected some knock'em'dead level of buzz that I find an unrealistic expectation.
Maybe they are feeling pressure from their more unreasonable fans who expect every series to reach the popularity of Suzumiya Haruhi. There is an upside and a downside to having a close relationship with your fans. On the upside you are ensured to a least strike a chord with the audience, but on the downside you are very limited in how you approach things, and they will always demand more and more out of you. Thus, what you have is a situation where you will always succeed, but it will never be good enough, kind of like a boy trying to please a father with strict standards by presenting him a report card with a grade for B+ work and him saying "Why didnt' you get an A, I want A material?".

I too would like to see them do more Lucky Star source material. To me the Lucky Channel segment is a weak point that I might as well skip over in favour of the ending segment. It's starting to look very much like a one trick pony where Akira and Tanuguchi do their Cute Girl/Angry Girl routine and maybe talk about the characters briefly. It was amusing the first time in its highlighting that idols probably aren't as loveable in private as they are in public (Except maybe Aya Hirano who seems like the genuine article), but by episode 3 its gotten old for me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote