Thread: Licensed Scryed (S-cry-ed)
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-17, 23:31   Link #67
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
You call the main characters unlikeable just because you are expecting different things, which is not what Scryed is about. The main characters in Scryed are straightforward, they may be "selfish" for you but that's because they are always true to themselves. Much more likeable than the other main characters in other animes who tries to play some "selfless" goody guys or dwell upon some ridiculous "inner conflicts" or whatnot. And "likeable" is highly subjective, your attempt at "outlining why they are unlikeable" is just meaningless for others. You can see them as "selfish", others can see them as straightforward and true to themselves. See that there are plenty of others disagreeing with you as much as those agreeing with you here. In the end let's say it's something like the Call of the Wild, and whether one likes it depends on whether one is a wolf or a dog. For dogs who are used to be tame and dutiful, it may be completely meaningless, but for those who still have the wolf's blood flowing in their veins, the Call can make their blood boiling. Scryed is like that, it is to reawaken the adrenaline, the hotblood dreams within people, but may be too wild for some to accept it.
Sure whatever, remember you were the one to make the call that they were the most likeable in anime, when clearly they are not. AS you said plenty agree with me. When characters divide opinion to the extent they do I would hardly say that qualifies them for "most likeable". Your attempts to make them likeable are just as meaningless as others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
They are among the most likeable leads in all anime. Scryed is the show that make people recall their lost ideals, their lost dreams, their lost aspirations to become the strongest of the strong, to become the man of men, to recall the adrenaline in their souls suppressed by the drab day to day business and work. The last two episodes are what truly make Scryed shine, to truly distinct it from other beat-the-bad-guy anime. It's completely different from Kenshin, that's for sure. Both are great in their own different areas and different goals.
and for what its worth Bucks "ridiculous" inner struggle is what makes Call of the Wild appealing. His sense of duty as a domestic dog vs his instincts as a wild animal, which all domesticated animals have. By the time he makes hs choice you understood why he chose that path considering his past experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
And for someone to be selfish they have to have a very small amount of care for other people, when Ryuho and Kazuma risk their lives for their loved ones and would fight for them to the death. I wouldn't say inner conflicts are ridiculous though, they make for good anime characters sometimes.
Err remember why those people needed to be rescued in the first place, who was the main cause of it? Seems to me they wouldn't be in this position had they continously not forsaken others

Bu anyways carry on. I've said all have to say on this series. My apologies if you think I'm trolling

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-06-17 at 23:51.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote