View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 00:34   Link #59
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
^Well, Law is currently severely handicapped, as we all know. Plus, the enemy he was facing twice now, namely Vergo, is not really a push over either. We know that he's a vice admiral, which is in itself the third highest rank among the marines. And judging by what we've seen so far, I think it is pretty save to assume that he is among the strongest of the vice admrials.

On the other hand, I have the feeling that many people overestimate the power of the seven warlords. While the title of Shichibukai has always had this sense of danger and power attached to it prior to the timeskip, you have to put things into perspective. Shichibukais like Croc were a big danger for the Strawhats when they were new on the Grand Line, but aside from Mihawk and maybe Doflamingo, the warlords haven't really shown any kind of strength that would seriously endanger the Strawhats at this point - not to the extent they did previously, at least. I'm pretty sure both Sanji and Zoro could give any Shichibukai a good fight themselves by now, again, except for the two that are arguably the strongest. This is just natural progression, though. The focus lies on the emperors now, which are the biggest threats among the pirate forces, as well as on the admirals after that, probably. Shichibukai are largely a thing of the past. They were huge in part 1 of the series, but now after the timeskip, the strongest straw hat members are already starting out on a power level equal or similar to the warlords. With all that being said, Law not representing the title of Shichibukai well is sort of the wrong thing to say. Instead, it is to be expected that Shichibukai will have to face serious opponents in the new world. And that's exactly why Law is representing his status rather well in this arc.
Representation
Serious opponent or not that is not how the WG will see it. Law's failing to represent it won't be any different from Croc and Moria's situation. Shichibukai are to be feared and recognized not beaten to the ground. WG went to great lengths to cover Crocs incident has well has Moria's. Someone even higher then Sengoku ordered a hit on Moria for bad performance. I think he is representing the title poorly. This will be the third Shichibukai from the WG view that has been beaten by Straw Hats if it ends bad for him in this arch. Also since he was in the same Supernova class has Luffy it may make things look worse for him in the WG eyes. What good is the title if no one respects it? If anything Law being beaten only encourages others to step up and challenge the title.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-10-17 at 01:43.