View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 05:45   Link #2187
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I have this feeling that this is really Canon.
Its a crack theory...

But given the Rika Furude Syndrome associated with Tabane's voice, and that Tabane stammered unsteadily, and sounded like she had to tune herself briefly to sound like how she sounded like the rest of the series when Houki first called her, it is possible that the bubbly Tabane everyone loathes is actually a cover for the real Serious Rika Tabane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@MeisterBabylon- It's more of a case of Irish attacking her rather than the other way around. Most likely I'll have him be tricked by someone into thinking she read his mind and is planning to spread his secret so he rashly chooses to attack her. He is a former terrorist so he exhibits symptoms of paranoia and agression. She's not attacking Kyuukai, just a paranoid Irish. I'd Imagine Karon would use the suit and non-lethally try to take down Irish. By the way, Chaff grenades explode on contact so they can't be thrown back
Yes, she'd activate the suit and defend herself, but once she knows that Irish is just paranoid, she'd deactivate and stand before him without the suit, choosing to trust in friendship to prove her innocence rather like using violence.

Not wise I know. If you want realistic grim tones its in Veronique's perspective, not Karon.

Quote:
I also planned to use Tabane as the main antagonist in the early draft, I can't now because I've already included Kyuukai Tokiwa as a main protagonist and having his mother figure turn into the big bad will look like a really dick move. I do plan to have Irish and him butt heads on this since he hates Tabane for building the Infinite Stratos while Kyuukai defends her by saying she was trying to help the world get better and is trying to make up for it. Basically it's an Idealism (Kyuukai) Vs Cynicism (Irish) arguement. Just because they're the three protags doesn't mean they have to be buddies.
But grimdark is all about dick moves!

Jokes aside, Tabane's role in messing the status quo up is a very real possibility, given the canon anime ending, and the above example I've quoted for Zero. But at the same time, I want to emphasize that Tabane is doing what she's doing ultimately is for the good of Mankind. Just that in the meantime, sacrifices must be made. And for that, she is willing to atone for it with her life once the curtain is drawn.

Like Lelouch, in a sense.

(and so she sleeps in stasis on the Moon for 2 hundred years-- *static*)

Quote:
*Reading Infinite Stratos wiki about IS academy* "IS academy has a very high security system due to the fact that every potential pilot is valuable, it's therefore very hard to enter and is equipped to defend itself from outside attack. *Remembers the two golem attacks, the attack during cannonball fast, the Valkyrie trace incident and the attack by Arachne* Right~ IS Academy sounds like they're doing a great job with their security.
Let's add the weekly appearances of Zodiarts in Masked Stratos Fourze and Powerclaws breaching the shields in Armored Stratos Raionman.

Bu really, when the shields' own creator is poking holes in them, what can you do about it?