View Single Post
Old 2009-03-28, 18:28   Link #435
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Taiga's mild little embarrassed head bump at the end was clearly intended to show that "yes Taiga has matured/changed" but "yes, there's still the comedic Taiga" in her personality. Its a more complex characterization than a simple linear fantasy tsun->dere.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think the ending note ruins the show for me or anything. I really loved Episode 25 and thought it was incredible. Something just feels off with the set up.

Think of it this way.

-Taiga tells Ryuuji through a text message. "You never told me you loved me. Stupid."
-She leaves
-Fast-Forward to Graduation of 3rd Year
-Taiga takes the time to come back to the school and sneak into the classroom where they had their first confrontation.
-Ryuuji catches a glimpse of Taiga from the ground and dashes to the classroom where she is.
-Taiga then takes the time to put herself into locker where Ryuuji found her, from their first confrotation.
-Ryuuji, having not seeing her in a year, confesses his love.

I mean, through all of that build up and positioning, is it right for Taiga to say; "Why would you say something embarrassing like that? You should of waited for a better mood or something."