View Single Post
Old 2009-10-23, 22:09   Link #1016
Sannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy
actually, if I recall, the guys in central weren't really sold on Marcoh's ability to survive the process. They said something along the line of "perhaps..." when his name was brought up.
They said "Not yet, but soon" for Marcoh. And didn't even brought up Mustang if I remember correctly.

Quote:
but he's probably better than Al
Al is better than Ed intellectually, you should know that Mustang's not better than Al, of that I'm sure.

Quote:
The fact that Father's group specifically settled on Mustang suggests he was the best candidate.
Mister, they took away Marcoh just because they were lacking in personel and didn't want a potential sacrifice to run around. That's how precious he was to them.

Quote:
Ed > Izumi > Al in talent, if you go by how little they lost by going through the gate.
I don't think that talent has anything to do with how little you lose in the gate. For me, it's more a state of spirit than anything else. Talent is measured by the result of the human transmutation, and on that account, Jude from the Blind Alchemist is clearly the best alchemist ever : the thing he created had a functionnal body, even if the transmutation was still a failure.
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote