View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 07:50   Link #46
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, I wouldn't be.

Not to say I'd handle it terribly better than Kyon does, but snark is rarely my coping mechanism of choice. Quite the contrary, my coping mechanism of choice is usually to try to look on the bright side of things as much as possible.

If I was in Kyon's shoes...

1) I'd be less snarky

2) I probably would have had a worse, more long-term traumatized reaction to the Asakura incident... but not snarky so much as I'd be more jumpy and a bit more cautious. I think that most people would have, honestly. Kyon's got serious guts, I'll give him that.

3) I'd simply refuse to pay out Haruhi's outrageous financial penalties, whatever the consequences... or, if Kyon's financially loaded (as I frequently suspect since he never objects to those penalties), I'd be more generous upfront to avoid the degrading nature of taking such financial penalties.

4) I would have taken Itsuki up on his "I love you" suggestion from the endless summer arc. If it works out well... great. If it doesn't, I can always blame Itsuki.

5) Overall, I'd be enjoying it all a lot more than Kyon is.

Beyond that, I'm not sure. Overall, Kyon has a lot of guts, I'll give him that.
Haruhi wouldn't like you at all if that was the case. His "snarky" self is what makes him so different compared to every other guy that has approached her. And Kyon is enjoying everything, he just won't admit it openly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That alone doesn't really tell me that KyonMikuru is no-go for life. It just tells me that KyonMikuru is no-go for the extent of time that Haruhi is into Kyon.

We, as fans, are assuming HaruhiKyon is predestined... and it might be... or it could, in theory, simply be the Haruhi has a long crush on Kyon and Kyon helps her out for a key period of time, but she ends up with another guy... freeing Kyon up for Mikuru or Nagato. It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility - I mean, it's certainly not likely, but it's not like the novel has absolutely blocked itself off from this avenue.
This is pure delusion right here.

If the novel actually ends with a definitive couple it's gonna be KyonHaruhi... but that's only if it's a definitive ending and not some open-ended a day in the life of the SOS-dan ending.