View Single Post
Old 2009-11-28, 22:29   Link #295
Rinoafox

Send a message via AIM to Rinoafox Send a message via Yahoo to Rinoafox
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
Umineko seems like it would be a lot easier to cosplay in than Higurashi and most other animes overall. A lot of the attire in the show seems very post 20th century, and some of the hair designs and outfits I've seen here look fantastic. Albeit it's probably pretty rare to see this done in the US since Umineko still needs time to get its feet off the ground, I can honestly say I'd love to see something like this at a con sometime.
I myself live in the US and have been cosplaying Umineko since last December. I can't say that the Umineko cosplays are easier than the Higurashi ones, as I cosplay from both series. A lot of the Higurashi outfits are easier to throw together, but their both just as fun to do. I love cosplaying from both series. =D The fan base is getting pretty big, at least among the cosplayers that I know of on the East coast and I'm relatively sure that we aren't the only ones. I know for Katsucon which is in February my friends and I are gathering an Umineko group. As of right now we have 20+ people showing up for a photoshoot, most of which will be doing different characters and we are still trying to gather others.