View Single Post
Old 2013-03-29, 21:19   Link #3
neshru

Maybe I'll write something more elaborated later, but I think I can sum up this series as something that started out with some incredibly interesting ideas and a fascinating world, but then wasted it all over a dull story that didn't use the potential of the established setting at all. The fact the execution of said story was mediocre at best (the series had some glaring pacing issues) made things even worse.

In the end I would say the series is still worth watching, but just because interesting anime shows are pretty rare these days. It's such a shame the series turned out to be just a shadow of what it could have been.

About the animation: It was generally pretty lacking. The series did feature some really good animators, but their appearance on episodes was sporadic. So even though the series featured some really good-looking episodes, many more looked really low budget.

About the soundtrack: Again, I thought it was pretty lacking. The series has a really good main theme no doubt, but the rest of the track selection is mostly generic stuff that detracts from the show instead of enhancing it.