View Single Post
Old 2004-04-23, 02:47   Link #53
RichMan
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
RichMan, personally I don't consider studying a waste of youth.

You also assue that she will spend every waking second devoted to studies (sleep, school, study, rinse, repeat) when that might not be the case. So she decided to quit cheerleading - big deal. It takes up a lot of time that she (or quite possibly her parents, acting of course in her best interests) decided could be put to use some other way.

Oddly enough, though, I knew someone that was like (a) - until he couldn't get into the college of his choice. Our class valedictorian couldn't get into the college of his choice. Apparently taking a gym class lowered his GPA to a lowly 4.xx and his SAT's weren't 1600 (though I believe they were in the 1400's).

And, RichMan *assuming you're in high school* you know what the state of public colleges in CA is. For the first time, state colleges (CSU's) are being forced to turn away qualified applicants - meaning there's a damn good chance you'll end up at a JC right after HS (which is not really the place you want to be unless you have to). I don't want to come across as all you have to think about your future, young man but really, what are you going to do?
fired.
Nah, i'm not going to college. I'm going to rely on the 3 computer-based ROP classes i'm taking. Once I get out of high school i'm going to look for a good job doing a computer based job(duh!). If for some reason I'm not able a job, then I guess I'll go to a computer trade school for more computer knowledge. I'm just doing what comes easy to me.
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote