View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 16:41   Link #39
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I really hope they don't do those ones because to be honest I found most of the stories got worse the further into the future after RotJ we went.

Wonder what's the chance of just CGI movies? Would let the casts reprise their roles and I thought the Clone Wars show was good.
True. They also had a terrible case of DBZ powercreep. Luke was so powerful towards the end of his life that he was probably stronger than every single Jedi in the prequels combined and could destroy the Death Star with a single thought. That kind of power just wouldn't fit well with how toned down the force powers are in the movies.

I think if they're going to start fresh with a new trilogy for the new generation, they probably will set it in a timeline that's not directly related to the EU or a few hundred years after the EU. I'm thinking they might want to capitalize on Harry Potter's formula and the current teen/young movie craze so I could totally see something like the following happening:

Episode 7:
-Main characters are tween Jedi trainees at a Jedi training academy.
-Relative time of peace, but there are rumors of resurgent Sith.
-Love triangle between main lead and 2 love interests.
-Main character can use both light/dark side powers
-Jedi trainees go with their master to investigate Sith sightings on few planets.
-Sith kills their master and captures the trainees by the end, cliffhanger for episode 8.

Episode 8:
-Hunger games, but with the captured Jedis + sith trainees.

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2012-10-30 at 17:08.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote