View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 02:03   Link #106
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
A couple of years ago, the main editor of Jump noticed this trend being common among the new generation of mangaka and has very much proven right about the LN industry at large.

The problem: They can't draw interesting male characters so they resort to cheap harem antics to hide their weaknesses.
To be fair, none of us are working in any of the publishers like Dengeki Bunko, MediaFactory, Famitsu Bunko, GAGAGA and so on. We have no idea what the publishers plan amongst themselves, but I would be more inclined to think that an editor-in-charge wields more power than the illustrator instead? I mean, you are blaming the illustrators for directing the plot? When that is the author's job, when the editor-in-charge would gives advice for plot (given the afterword of Baka Test volume 10, I would assume this to be such). I would assume that artists draw what they are told to draw, not demand that they draw this and that...Look, you have to give examples for LN, or else that is just a random generalization without much basis. (and besides, we are going off topic with this, since this is a topic about an issue with long titles in LNs)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote