View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 06:17   Link #11
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Surprise: I really liked it. There was at least a brief hint of that old Key magic in Mio's last "confession" re: Midori and her request to Riki before vanishing. After that it got a little muddier, but I still liked it more than the derpy girl's arc. I really hope this is a sign of things to come, and not a high water mark.

Also, currently, I ship Riki with Mio... though I think she ships him with Kyosuke.

It's hard to tell exactly what's real and what's not. As we only briefly see Mio and Midori in the same place at one time, and Midori is an aspect of Mio's own self, it's theoretically possible that much of the supernatural element can be explained away if Riki's perception of events is shown to be unreliable. I did like that they explained Mio's relationship with Midori by showing how she had an aspect of herself that she'd externalized medicated away by well-meaning doctors, and that's what caused her "incomplete" state. I like that better than her just becoming "invisible" because she's been so long ignored by classmates.

Spoiler for Speculative aside:
I agree with everything you said (even the speculation, I think you may just be spot on there) even if I still find that the show has problems being subtle. Luckly for the show there was no need for subtlety today and the Key Drama Sledgehammer (tm) was free to do it's thing.

While the visuals weren't anything to write home about at least they didn't contradict the mood this time 'round and it was at least as good as Komari's last episode. I'm starting to sense a pattern of subpar second-to-last-episode/good last episode here.

The more I watch the show the more I feel like I should suck it up and play the VN at last.