View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 08:24   Link #76
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... I think I'm reading so much details I can barely make up (even I am starting to not understand my own explanations XD) simpler statements. Aah, information overflow, information overflow.

... Imagine Breaker. Hmm.

Imagine, Breaker.

So it is something that breaks imaginations, or so how it appears to me. From the way it sounds, it can block powers that was produced by someone's imagination that tries to directly apply to him - or to be accurate, intention towards him no matter what the "intention" is.

So it blocks magic because it came from a source of power created from the intention to affect him directly.

And it also blocks esper abilities because they came from a source of power created from the intention to affect him directly.

So what it actually blocks is what the people intend to do with him with their powers directly used on him.

Examples of use:
  • Mikoto intends to use the Railgun on him and so fires him a blast. The Railgun is the materialization of her intents and is trying to affect Touma directly. Since such is the nature of Mikoto's attack, his IB basically says "Oh no, you don't," to the railgun.
  • Stiyl intends to use his magic powers to incinerate Touma, and his fire element attacks are of course a materialization of his intents. As you can see how clear his intents are, of course the same response is invoked by his IB. About Innocentius, since it can infinitely regenerate itself as long as the runes are still intact in its area of effect, the reason why Touma had to run from it is because he is getting overwhelmed by the heat it causes, which is the collateral damage gained from having to face a literal wave of flames continuously. Not to mention the fire which started from burning the rest of the building...
  • Sherry Cromwell (spelling? I forgot ^^; ) controls her golem with magic, and the golem is a materialization of her intents; although Touma will still have to touch its weak points (where runes are placed on the Golem's body) to dismantle its function, since it is where Sherry's will are directly being placed upon her use of her magic.
  • Kuroko wants, and I repeat, wants to teleport Touma away, and the ability is a realization of what she intends to do to Touma. Since IB blocks the effects of any "intents" trying to be placed directly upon him be it good or bad, it gets cancelled.

Note that he:
  • can't block physical attacks because the attacking matter is already in natural existence and is not materialized from "intentions" the attacker intend to do to him,
  • can't block Accelerator's projectiles because he only merely uses his power to hurl an already existing object that can cause harm. Since the object doesn't have any "intentions" of its own and is moving merely because of something forced it to move to him,
  • can block the Railgun even though the coin was used as a projectile because - what actually touched him before the coin is the electric bolt that propels it - which is a materialization of Mikoto's intent. Mikoto's whole Railgun is the material form of what she wants to do to Touma too, so when the coin becomes part of the Railgun... so yea. Do not confuse the coin's predicaments with the stuff that came crashing down to Touma and intends to squish him that is moved by Accelerator's powers (which acts like a crane for him).

TL;DR Touma actually destroys the materialization of "imaginations" or, to be exact, "intentions" that are forced upon him. Like, what if an esper wants to "psychically" or a magician wants to "magically" rape (sorry for my choice of verbs ) him? He can stop it from happening.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote