View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 03:31   Link #84
Undertaker

Exactly, I don't know where this "identity crisis" but the aiming of this show has be quite clear to me since episode 1.

The simple fact that Ohana took things away it is without much drama, shows that this show was never intend to be the type of show that is conflict-filled emotional roller-coaster. And the tags & synopsis of the show as well as the manga adaption has always been stated as Ohana's work/grow-up experiences and the colorful characters around her.

0utf0xZer0's description of "sentimental" anime is probably a better description than my "healing" anime, and so far this is exactly what this show is and have been, in fact it has been textbook of those types so far. It's a show that has more similarities with K-On than say Angel Beat or Kanon. I best description would be a comedy version of Maria-sama ge Miteru without the yuri-goodness.

The way I see it right now, at most there will be 2 "maybe" 3 dramatic event that will impact Ohana, other than that it's just going to be about the simple daily lives of everyone in the hotel and the show ends with a happy, life-goes on type ending. Nothing overly-dramatic.

As for Kou, I really don't see how he'll impact the story. Is this is a romantic love show and Kou is the main character, then sure. But as someone pointed out he is way back in Tokyo and Ohana never seem to sees him more than childhood friend. The most I can see is that his visit causes someone to start to act on advancement toward Ohana and that could end up be one of the central conflict of the show.

Another potential drama point might be grandma's illness. Depends on how severe it is, it could lead to reconciliation between grandma and mom and flashes out exactly what causes them to grow apart in the first place.

But that'll pretty much be it and I expect more light-hearted, character-based episodes to the rest of cast in between.