View Single Post
Old 2011-11-11, 14:12   Link #6813
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
He was a "mook" because he didn't get attention because he wasn't a main character, never was it said he was weak. He was part of the strongest guild in the country, he's a strong mage. It doesn't matter his guild fell down in ranks, he still joined when it was number 1.
It matters because it means that, strong as he is, he wasn't able to keep his guild from falling. Neither were his friends who were right there wondering if they couldn't take Natsu, too. See, that's the thing. It's not that he became strong. It's that, strong as he is now, he's considered as nothing special, both within his (weakest) guild, or nationally.

Quote:
Seven years, in any sense but especially training, is not "piddly" - it is EXTREMELY relevant. Once again, you are underestimating it's importance. And, no offense, you should stop with the sports references since, through your own admittance, you don't know what you're talking about and you've been either wrong or completely missed the point on both. It would be reasonable to same the average ability of NBA stars from 2004 and 2011 is about the same, but you're missing the point. These 2011 NBA stars were only average in 2004 (though average in the NBA is still an extraordinary basketball player, the same of which can be said for Max), but 7 years of training on their part coupled with the lack of training/retirement from the 2004 Stars they became what they are today. Yes their power may be the equal but you are completely ignoring the new guys' growth.
Seven years, for an individual athlete, is a lot. For the sport itself, it's nothing. I'm not comparing an average 2004 player and that same player in 2011. I'm comparing what was considered average in 2004 with what is considered average in 2011. There might be a difference, but it shouldn't be huge.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote