View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 05:03   Link #111
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Can I ask what the romantic status is currently in the novels?
Depends on where "currently" is. I am half-way through translating the second novel, and at that point Kouko is not entirely over Mitsuo yet, but is drawing steadily closer to Banri. Banri, on the other hand, though he definitely feels closest to Kouko, is also intrigued and mystified by the matter of Linda. His feelings with respect to Chinami are entirely those of a male fascinated by a pretty girl with a quirky personality. Chinami seems to think of him as just another person she is on good terms with. With regards to Linda, she still has feelings for Banri, but is concealing them for unknown reasons. From the prologue of the second book, you get the impression that she thinks Banri has some growing up to do yet.

Judging by the publisher blurbs, by the fifth book, Banri and Kouko are definitely an item, but I have no idea just how deeply they are involved. To what extent Mitsuo, Linda and Chinami are involved at that point, I have no idea . . . except that they are still in the larger story.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote