View Single Post
Old 2013-03-02, 17:51   Link #544
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
When Obama won the 2nd term, Romney supporters were at a loss for words in which nation they want to immigrate to instead. If you are a Christian extremist, America is your only refuge.
Canada is the usual place that people say they'll move to, whether Republican or Democrat. I heard a few comments about moving to Canada when Obama won, but not many. I think they recognized that Canada is a place that the Democrats would love to emulate.

America may harbor some extremist Christians, but that doesn't mean that all of America is made up of Christian extremists. They're a minority - vocal, but still a minority. That the rest of the world is unlike them is probably an uncomfortable thought: America is the only place that they feel is theirs, and any moves to make it more like the rest of the world are seen as threatening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I'm pro-gun rights, but also pro-choice; I'm pro-gay marriage, but I'm not anti-religion; on some issues I may be an idealist, on others a realist; I hold a whole bunch of positions across a wide range of issues that would have the hardliners on BOTH side accusing me of being a sheep from the other camp, so what does that make me?
Libertarian