View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 07:30   Link #40006
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: for IS, I only imagine physical maintenance is not required. The problem is data management, The IS has two relevant data plots, baseline and latest. If my hypothesis is correct, the IS core requires initial input or baselines to learn about the frame(this may be what Kanzashi was working on). Latest data is concerned on the IS evolution tech like when Tabane checked Byaku(It automatically readjusts statistics according to what should be optimum efficiency in relation to the pilot's ability, which is Ichika's problem).

Manual corrections for either are required and downright torturous, especially for the Ichika type problem. It's basically pruning excess data and reverting it to older form, though if you overextend the delay on pruning the data then your input history overwrites it completely from the database(think internet history).

If my theory is followed, Byakushiki's imbalanced auto-tuning is because Ichika isn't really doing so good as a pilot so the IS is compensating for it. Booster issue is because Ichika's maneuvering is based on pace switching. The boosters are pulse type to allow them to quickly switch up speeds and corner, but this makes acceleration and maximum speed suffer. The Setsura cannon is fixed into a one shot one kill setting due to Ichika practically never firing continuous shots. In fact, he doesn't use it much at all which leaves the self-improvement program stuck on what it's supposed to do so tuning updates are stagnant.

@stratos: Generally yes. I imagine it's kind of like owning a car or playing a survival game with practically no bullets. You are very sensitive to scratch marks due to needing a new paintjob and you stick to your knife because bullets are worth more than gold in weight. Kind of like that I guess.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote