View Single Post
Old 2007-11-28, 21:59   Link #59
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
I think the reason y everyone bash on FFX-2 is not due solely on its mediocre gameplay (its not amazing, but it wasnt horrible), i think its mostly because noone wanna admit they enjoyed playing a rpg dress-up game, its a guilty-pleasure really
I didn't see it as a dress-up game, I just saw it as a bad sequel. This is the only rpg I have ever permanently quit just due to boredom. I got through all of chapters 1-4 never needing to do anything but use normal attacks (Yes I'm aware the bonus dungeon would have been much harder but I'm much more concerned with the main game, not extra content. Not to mention I'd have had to continue fighting the boredom just to reach it). I hated the way you could fail to get 100% completion just by talking to people out of order or not pressing a button at a certain time. The light-hearted story was a change of pace I guess but because of it I didn't feel like I was doing anything important and there was no sense of urgency or motivation. I also really liked the ending of FFX and wish they'd have just kept that as the end.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote