View Single Post
Old 2009-10-19, 19:39   Link #35
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I fail to see your point. The analogy still stands.
In your imaginary little world maybe; as far as I'm concerned its based on hot air, not any fact I trust in or acknowledge, so I don't care what conclusion it implies.
Quote:
How you find it illogical to just skip the first season is beyond me.
No, I said I did it like that (ie. went back to watch S1) so as to better understand this one and for that purpose got no gain.
Quote:
Every story builds on itself. A writer can't kill the protagonist in the first episode and expect the readers to sympathize. Everything is built up, starting from settings to characters to plot.

Yes, the season will focus on Suou. However, comparing the roles of the useless detective of last season and Hei of this season is absurd. While the detective may have been (practically) a useless side character for the last season, Hei is an integral part of this season. The comparison just can't be made.
Personally with all shows I care for the stuff that airs now not the stuff that aired two or more years ago (what you think I went and watched all 50 Macross series?). This is a independent side story based on Suou, character which the first season doesn't even hint to. Just because they live in the same universe doesn't mean I should care. You think people needed to watch the entire duzen Gundam series heritage dating back to god knows when to understand that last Gundam series (forgot its name).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
If you enjoyed the first few episodes of Season 2, isn't it generally a good idea to move on to season 1, before resuming season 2? It may not seem necessary, but a lot of characters are returning, and you will miss many allusions to events of the past by skipping season 1.
And yet, I was happily disappointed. You're saying that to better understand the 30 seconds of screen time miss MI-6 agent got this season I need to watch the entire season one; unfortunately as you can guess following though with this advice doesn't give that many benefits as far as this season is concerned. Sure its a nice show, but lets face it characters that didn't change so far died and Hei isn't anything predictable in his current state. As far as understanding this season I didn't feel I got anything for my time.