View Single Post
Old 2010-04-25, 02:26   Link #44
_gallo_

I liked it. As expected it was the most interesting show of the season for the visual part. Still I'm not as enthusiast as I was with the first episode of Kaiba. I thought that for a first episode it was too talky in a way that did not allow the characters even to breath and reveal their personalities without using dialogues. I dunno, perhaps it reminded me too much of a Shaft show with Isin's scripts (and I'm one of the the few outliers who didn't enjoy very much Bakemono) and, well, I tend to dislike Shinbo's style.
If anything the show was handled in a more competent way than any other Shaft’s shows of the past years without that cheap feeling I usually get from their shows. But I'm not completely sold for the moment.
It seems that in future episodes several guru animators will make their appearance (Kobayashi said that Matsumoto and Yamashita are in ep 2) and I want to see more episodes directed by Yokoyama Akitoshi. So, yeah, definitely following this.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote