View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 17:31   Link #1066
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Was just about to say something like this. The seinen, shoujo, etc. labels generally work okay with manga, but they're just not really applicable to to anime. Aquarion isn't particularly seinen or shounen or whatever, hell who says it's targeted only at males at all? Re: Shrade and Cayenne, and also the male characters in general (weren't they designed by the woman who also did Uta no Oujisama? yeah.) Also, lest we forget, this is Kawamori Shouji we're talking about. The guy is a romantic, period - I think one of the reasons why Sousei no Aquarion keeps getting bad reviews is because guys go into it expecting a MANLY MECHA STORY or whatever, and then Touma breaks their brain.

Anyway. On the verge of the inevitable ship war I thought long and hard about the characters and the possibilities and have arrived at the most likely outcome.

Spoiler for for the True End:

Btw, I just rewatched the relevant parts of ep 6 and realized I misremembered (big surprise there): Amata has the helpful flashback to Cayenne's vision (that, don't forget, pretty much the whole Neo Deava had seen), and seeing Kagura apparently make Mikono miserable is what gives him the push to attack Kagura. Later on when he's hiding with Mikono he says something along the lines of "yes, I also have a feeling I know him" but to me this didn't sound particularly ~deep~ because well, vision. But who knows.
TBF there's plenty of manga's that are targeted at both males and females, they just typically have a primary demographic due to the magazine they're published in e.g Reborn. Such classifications are fine, everything especially films are classified by it's age rating which is obviously influenced by it's primary demographic. I just saw this as a typical super robot anime which spans across children (really teens) and adults e.g PG 13, 12 etc because of the content of the show rather than say 18+ like some people were implying.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote