Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2004-09-10, 21:41   Link #179
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Forgot + don't care. XD
Oh, don't be rude, or I won't forgive you! *grin*

Quote:
Oh, and Ayaka's Contract Card is out with the December character CD:

Interesting; I've always envisioned Ayaka in fancy dresses, but not like this!
Hmmm, I don't think it's your usual EGL, not to mention that Ayaka isn't a EGL either, but it's close to the lolita-esque fashion. Don't forget that EGL isn't the only lolita-esque fashion in Japan, the pink cute style is also popular over there too. It's a darker colour, sure, and not as frilly. Perhaps it's the evening gown lolita style . ?:-)

Quote:
Although Ayaka can fight on par with Asuna when they are fooling around, I don't think she'll be portrayed as a front-line character, so flowers as weapon seem to be fitting for a support type character.
Well, in the Kyoto thread she did say she
Spoiler:

I wanna see Ayaka take a more prominent role in the story anyway. BTW, has anyone actually translated the latin and worked out what powers each card bestows?

Quote:
Speaking of companions, I was quite glad that Negi leaned towards the same path as Nagi (magic swordsman) back when Eva mentioned Negi's choice for battle type...had he gone with pure mage, then Asuna is pretty much a lock for his official companion and none of the support types will have a fightin' chance. >_<
It made sense; I'm not sure if Negi has gotten the meaning of the Magister/Minister correct; he wants to be able to protect Asuna and the others, but the thing is that the Minister is meant to protect him, so he goes down the road of being able to fight hand to hand as well as with magic. Not that it's wasted time though, because it'll make him well-rounded.
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote