View Single Post
Old 2008-01-12, 12:35   Link #331
james84562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Indeed. I think it's good to have at least two to compare. I like the BSS one with the phrasing and grammar: everything flows smoothly. Infinite-Zero's, however, rephrases things in ways that are, at certain points, easier to understand. Like the little bit in the beginning about the wheat and the wolves, before the show proper starts. Having at least two subs available means we have two chances to figure out what something means rather than just one.

Anyway. I like the first episode enough that I'll stick with this for a little while, at least. See where it goes.

Thank you!!!
finally found someone reasonable here about the correctness of the subs
I haven't watched the other sub groups
but the opening you were talking about for BSS is completely wrong= =

it should be something like:
"once upon a time, people would describe the abundant wheat swaying in the wind as a wolf running through it. wheat that fell due to the wind would be said to be trampled on by the wolf. when the harvest wasn't good they would say the wheat was eaten by the wolf"
I might not be a good writer but at least thats kinda what it means. anyways, its just an old saying that has been passed on for hundreds of year by the villagers.

I mentioned this on some other anime forum and they said this is only some "minor" mistake and removed my topic orz

by the way, do you know which other sub groups are making Ookami now?
I kinda want to get a hold of them too
james84562 is offline   Reply With Quote