View Single Post
Old 2008-05-04, 04:32   Link #43
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
The thind is that they're not clean on the surface. Even in a minor tournament like ISML, there's clear hating (a lot from me), and in SaiGAR, there was even more due to the heavy proxy voting.
Well, that depends on whether you hide it or not. I do believe that there are a lot of hatings in such contests, especially when someone you like is defeated or when others who doen't deserve it, win not because of the character, but because of how overly overrated the external factors are (meaning a big fanbase in proportion).
Quote:
The thing is that their moe is just... nonexistant.
The reason they progress in the tournament at all is from series popularity, which is why they don't progress as far, since it plays a much smaller factor in Japan than it does outside (SaiGAR, ISML, etc.)
Well what you think is moe isn't what others think. Series popularity also plays a hand I agree, but it's not the only reason (a necessary but not sufficient condition to fulfill because popularity gets them noticed). Take a step into the CG forum and browse around the romance thread, apparently a lot of people finds the cast moe (including me...honestly, I still can't get Nanali's "NYAAAAAAA~" out of my head ).
Quote:
Forced moe is exactly what a moeblob is about. Lucky Star was ingenious in that it was able to parody moeblobs and still include one in its cast. Of course, it still doesn't make Tsukasa "truly moe", though she fakes it much better than Mikuru does.
Ahh...but whilst some can see through that, others got fanboy behind her thinking that she is the "real stuff".

Tsukasa fans would surely argue about the "fake" part

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
mmm... now tell me that Rozen Maiden and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha are half as popular as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, or Lucky Star.
Rozen maiden is VERY popular in Japan likewise with Nanoha...why do you suppose they are always at the center of attention in Saimoe?
Quote:
Saimoe 2007 says otherwise.
And have you looked into the brackets?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS