View Single Post
Old 2009-02-15, 13:22   Link #20
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
My question is, does anxiety change you? have any of you had a similiar experience? any advice? Or rather, any experiences to share?
Does anxiety change you, of course it does but you can gain some control over it by simply confronting that which you are anxious about, I for instance am always anxious when I have to speak to even the smallest kind of crowd, this because of teasing I've went through as a child, in the beginning I never had the courage to talk to huge crowds until I simply kicked myself in the ass and did it (this was in College lol) and before I started I told the people I was talking to that I have an anxiety problem when it comes to doing presentations of all sorts and that if I were to cry they should just act as if nothing is happening because it would just be me being anxious and if people would comment on it it would only get worse, I did the presentation and of course 2 minutes into it I got so nervous that I started crying and so I was doing my presentation with waterfalls running down my cheeks The class said nothing in return and when it was over I was excused to wash my face and I was really relieved that I was able to do it, several times after I still cried during a presentation but after a school year most of the anxiety was already gone because I got used to speaking to a group. Anxiety will never really disappear, no matter how much you wish for it, it would take many years for it to slowly fade away. But when it comes to anxiety and depression just realise that everything has a purpose and that you life for something even when you don't know what it is, if you're at that stage you still have to figure out what it is you want to do in your life and strife for that. If something bad happens then don't give up, you learn from them and continue no matter how bad it might get there is always something people strife for, it can even be something simple like cooking delicious food to being able to see the clouds every day, it is the little things that will make you happy I've been through loads of bad things and I've experienced depression myself, I never went on any pills or anything, in fact I simply locked myself up in my bedroom for 6 months under the excuse that I was sick but eventually I realised that every day when I would ride home from school I simply enjoyed the wind and clouds and that was a reason for me to go back to school again, also I did it for my dog
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote