Thread: Crunchyroll Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-11, 16:18   Link #1612
inisipis

Episode 24 is probably one of the best of the series' episodes. It had the right amount of humor(and they're really funny) with a right balance of emotional sentiment that characters go tru in something that remarkably resembles a real story plot.

The said story revolves on the show's indomitable yet clueless Sasahara and the two young ladies who loves him. Both unwilling to express their feelings for him and both unaware of the other person's existence. Now, considering that the two girls in question are the school's most violent students, that may be a good thing. World War 3 is on hold for now. Instead we get a glimpse of a parallel day in the life of the two as they struggle with their burgeoning romantic feelings for the same guy. It all sounds like a typical mushy teen romance, but this is Nichijou and all of this is done in true Nichijou fashion, with boatloads of silly comedy.

Yukko is really quite living dangerously when she goes about antagonizing Mio with her story of Nano and Sasahara. Talk about swimming with sharks. Didn't she learn from past episodes that Mio is quite crazy. I was laughing out loud with Mio's visualization a'la Shoujo romance manga. And that Nano being confused with the question about Yakisoba is justifiably.

I find the ironey with Mio's triumph with able to talk to Sasahara expressed as like the iconic raising of the flag on Mt. Suribachi rather amusing. All in all, nothing seems to faze Sasahara, nothing. Will he be forever the unreachable muse to Mio's Manga-ka career?

The Tachibana sisters serves as an insight on the Sasahara and who along with Mio's sister shows the connection with Mio. I was suprised that Misato was able to use her cosmic firearms on her sister. I thought that it only works on Sasahara (not that thay have any effect at all).

The bit with Nakamura sensei is an extra bonus. We got to know how Nano was able to put her shirt over her key and that she can do the high jump better than Mio regardless of her handicap.

It seems my guess that Sakamoto is originally from Nakamura is correct. It's amazing that Nakamura sensei came out of that "leap of faith" unscathed.

Last edited by inisipis; 2011-09-11 at 19:01.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote