View Single Post
Old 2003-12-02, 21:38   Link #22
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I'm with Ranko here. Not only that, but while the VF-0 looks more modern in style, the VF-1 is unarguably more streamlined and compact looking. All sexy curves, no brute-ish bulging of the air frame like the VF-0. There's been absolutely no revisionism going on as far as the storyline goes, nothing that contradicts what we see later at least.

As for the comments on Macross7, I actually love the show. It's very un-typical as far as anime goes. It's a robot show centers on the mecha even less than Evangelion. It definitely has some of the best character developement in all of anime (definitely the best written character developement in all of Macross), and one of the most uplifting endings I've seen in a long time. The thing that makes me appreciate the series the most is that pretty much everyone who's voiced their opinion about the show reacts in pretty much the exact same way as any number of characters in the show do to Basara and his ideals. You got the people that absolutely adore the show and Nekki Basara, then you got the guys that think Basara's a fruit and the whole flying in a Valkyrie singing thing is just dumb, and then you got the people that start out thinking Basara's a horrible character, and that the idea of him trying to sing at the "bad guys" is stupid, then slowly, as the series progresses, completely change thier opinion and wind up adoring Basara and the show.

Love it or hate it, you gotta admit that Macross (aside from Macross II) is never the same dish twice, it's always something different.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote