View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 14:48   Link #62
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That being said, Law couldn't have been all that powerful considering he is

1) Not a strawhat
2) Doflamingo's former subordinate, and as we all know, authority equals asskicking

He isn't the close combat type of guy anyway. His abilities are clearly of the utility variety.
^
I think it is more along the lines that we never understood the power he possessed. Most devil fruit users at first seem powerful but once you get to know them they start to lose their invincibility. For Law it is him who is the weakness not the devil fruit.

I am really curious to see what Vergo's powers or skills are. He beat Sanji by one factor and that was by having better quality body than Sanji. His movements when he traveled seemed like he probably weight more like 500 lbs. He lunches himself like he is letting the momentum of the weight carry him. What ever he is doing he seems like his can make his body harder and it almost seems like he can manipulate his weight. Sanji even described him has a mass of Iron. I know one of Crocs henchmen had the ability to manipulate her weight but I forgot the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
oh my... I really don't think Sanji is stronger than Law by just using Vergo as measurement.

Firstable Sanji got Vergo by surprise. Vergo never went at him at full power. Sanji made no harm to Vergo, neither did Law.

Vergo was after Law and also we can assume that he used much more power to tackle him than Sanji.

There are too much uncertainties to make any notations on whose who by looking at past fights. But as a supernova Law is considered to be closer to Luffy than Sanji what comes to fighting. And of course physical attacks can be seen as Laws weakness. Vergo is Law's cryptonite, super fast and physical, who also knows all Law's tricks and abilities.

Sanji however is also physical like Vergo, but Vergo beated him in Sanji's own game. That means Sanji got pretty much owned as well. Vergo is at the moment best kicker on the island... well if Luffy's axe or spear doesn't count as one.
Chapter 681 displays a pretty even fight. Vergo also does not look like he was holding back. Second Supernovas range in power. Just because they were close two years ago does not mean they are close now. So after two years you have to wonder has the gap between Law and Luffy gotten smaller or larger? Fourth Sanji is very observant and smart. Yes Vergo beat Sanji at his own game but it was by only one factor. He had a better quality body then Sanji's. Finally the performance look at Sanji and Law. Sanji came out with a cracked leg, thats it. Law has bruises all over his body and he was soundly defeated. Has for being caught off guard Vergo actually had time to ask a question before he got kicked in the face. I think it is long the lines he could not dodge the attack. Finally getting owned is what happened to Law. Sanji lost to Vergo but it was a close fight not a onslaught.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-10-07 at 15:19.